- What is the project duration?
- The future vision of the Oro Valley Comprehensive Parks and Recreation System requires extensive community engagement. We believe through Parks and Recreation connections are made. We want to know how you want to connect to others, connect to nature, and connect to our community.
- Can anyone participate in this project?
- Yes, this is a community-input driven process and the outcome and future recommendations will come from the needs and vision articulated by the community members.
- How do I participate in the process?
- Through the Participate section on this website you can provide open ended suggestions, respond to the online survey, know the dates for public meetings and even share feedback through social media.
- Who is responsible for this Comprehensive Parks and Recreation System Plan?
- PROS Consulting, INC., a nationally recognized firm for parks and recreation planning, headquartered in Indianapolis, IN to assist with the Master Plan. The primary contact is Michael Svetz, Principal
- Where can I find more information about this project?
- Project information including key meeting dates, completed technical reports, and final documents will be made available to the community through the project website.
Phase 1: January – June, 2020
An overview of the timeline for the project as a whole can be seen below.
Community Needs Assessment: January – April, 2020.
Park and Facility Inventory and Assessment: January – April, 2020
Present Community Needs Prioritization and Park/Facility Assessment: May, 2020
Phase 2: July – December, 2020
Level of Service Analysis: July- August, 2020.
Present Key Technical Findings: September, 2020
Present Recommendations and Implementation Plan: October, 2020
Present Final Plan for Adoption: December, 2020